#KnowYourTambourine: Can you guess which aquatic animal this pendant was inspired from?
Drawing inspiration from their natural environment, Filipino goldsmiths named and patterned the butete after the pufferfish. Botete in Tagalog, the pufferfish is a highly poisonous species of fish that inflates itself and reveals pointed spines as a defense mechanism when threatened. A smaller version of the butete is known as the puriket.
The Butete Pendant Necklace comes with an adjustable 16-18" chain for you to be able to change lengths depending on your mood and outfit. Wear it on its own or layer it on with your other precious keepsakes. It is wearable art for your neck that you'll want to wear time and time again.
- Chain Length: Adjustable from 16" to 18"
- Large Butete Pendant Diameter: Approx. 0.9 cm
- Mini Butete Pendant Diameter: Approx. 0.6cm
- Pendant: 985 pure silver coated in 24-karat gold
- Chain: Sterling silver coated in 18-karat gold